Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Here I am

For better or worse I chose to homeschool when my first child (the Monkey) came of school age. He was very clever and intelligent and missed the cut off date to enter school the year all of his peers did. I couldn't see holding him back since he was already ahead of the pack, so I embarked on a dark and winding road... And here I am 3 years later and getting ready to start all over again with the Grub. And let me tell you.. this is one adventure that is definitely not for the faint hearted!

For my adventures in knitting you can check here: BS Knits. I may even toss in a free pattern every now and then, provided I can come up with any originals!

2 comments:

Nean the Bean said...

"So here I am 3 years later ..." Well, here I am, 10 years later! One graduated from our home school two years ago and will be a junior at the university this year ... my next-in-line just graduated our home school and will be at the university this year ... so I'm down to my last ... and my first-to-be-homeschooled ... who, believe it or not, will now be in our home-school high school! WOW. I started our whole adventure when he was in kindergarten. As you know, there are ups and downs ... but even the down days at home are better than the up days at traditional school. Good luck! If you need any help with college applications, let me know!

MamaKnits2Much said...

LOL! Thanks for the encouragement, but I think it'll be a while before I have to worry about college apps. =) Congrats on your graduates! What a great accomplishment! Women like you (and a knitter no less) are my heroes!!